Thursday, February 19, 2009

By Your Side-Tenth Avenue North


Why are you striving these days
Why are you trying to earn grace
Why are you crying
Let me lift up your face
Just don't turn away


Why are you looking for love
Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough
To where will you go child
Tell me where will you run
To where will you run


And I'll be by your side
Wherever you fall
In the dead of night
Whenever you call
And please don't fight
These hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you


Look at these hands and my side
They swallowed the grave on that night
When I drank the world's sin
So I could carry you in
And give you lifeI want to give you life
Cause I, I love youI want you to know
That I, I love you
I'll never let you go


Is it really that difficult for me to believe these words? Every day I fight it-why is it so hard for me to just relax and fall into his warmth and his promising arms? Oh but I feel him. He creeps up on me, surprising me with many things. He gives me the strength I need to finish the day, but what is it that keeps me so secluded and hidden in my own corner? I still seek out for those that I know really want nothing to do with me-they only use me for their pleasure of whenever they want a good time. Why is it that I run from the one who truely just wants my presense with him? I know all of these things, but my body does opposite. I pray that he will continue to pursue me and chase me until I run out of breath and I have nothing left in me other than to fall back into his arms and do as this song as...

I must trust::He'll never let me go.

No comments: